The following is the theological foundation upon which The Covenant School is based.
These statements of belief are taught in various ways through all grade levels.
- We believe in the verbal, plenary inspiration of both the Old and New Testament, i.e. that the very words of the original Scriptures are infallible and inerrant and that they are our final and absolute authority in every area of life and knowledge.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that God the Holy Spirit is a personal being who convicts the world of sin, regenerates, indwells, empowers, guides, bestows spiritual gifts on believers and seals them eternally for God. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary.
- We believe that man was created by a direct act of God in His image, not from previously existing life, that all men sinned in Adam (the historical father of the entire human race) and thus incurred both physical and spiritual death and inherited a sinful nature.
- We believe that salvation is by grace alone through faith in Christ alone.
- We believe that faith without works is dead.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the just and the unjust; the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus and that all are under the mandate to proclaim the Gospel to the world.
Explore the details of how we teach and how we learn.